Monday, November 20, 2017 / by Mark's Team At Exit Realty Crutcher
Keep on Shoveling!
What is the first thing you do when there is a big snow? You shovel your driveway! But, let’s be honest. That’s all the shoveling you’re going to do, but as a seller, you should be doing more. When I say more, I mean shovel all your sidewalks- back and front ones. Potential buyers will not be entering your home in your garage as you will be. They will most likely be entering by walking on the front sidewalk. By shoveling the back sidewalks, it will make viewing the outside of your home more convenient to the potential buyers. Don’t miss a sale by having snowy inaccessible walkways.
Don’t be a winter Scrooge.
Winter time can be a very blah time for people with the grey skies, cold weather, and lack of colorful vegetation! Don’t be one of those sellers that fall into the winter blues! Keep your property’s curb appeal looking bright and cheery through those grey days. Add a colorful wreath to the door or a colorful fig ...
Thursday, August 24, 2017 / by Mark's Team At Exit Realty Crutcher
1. When thinking about buying a house, buy one that is priced no more than 2.5 times your yearly salary. This is to help protect you from overextending yourself on your mortgage payments.
2. Consider the school before buying even if you do not have children. A good school system will significantly increase the resale value.
3. ALWAYS, ALWAYS hire a home inspector before purchasing a home. By hiring an inspector, they can point out potential problems. With this detection, it could be a factor in the price of the home.
4. Get pre-approved before starting the home buying process. This will help when you put an offer on the home. The homeowners will see that you are serious about the home and not just be taking a gamble.
5. Make sure you check out the neighborhood before buying the home. Go to the property during the morning, afternoon, and evening. It will give you a better idea of who l ...
Friday, March 3, 2017 / by Mark's Team At Exit Realty Crutcher
Spring is just around the corner or for many of us, it has stayed spring all winter, but nonetheless, it is that time of the year again. The time to open windows, play outside and declutter from the winter blues. In this blog, we are going to talk about 5 to do this spring to get your house ready for the market!
1. Spring-clean your house. When I say spring-clean, I mean deep clean, and when I say deep clean, I don’t mean the regular dusting, vacuum, and mopping that most people consider deep cleaning. I’m talking about:
-Wiping down walls, doors, and baseboards
-touching up chipped/damaged paint
-replace filters throughout the home
2. Curb appeal! You have heard the saying, “don’t judge a book by its cover.” Well, in real estate, judging the outside appearance is what a buyer will do. How your home looks on the outside will play a huge role in getting buyers to view your home. Here are a few t ...
Thursday, March 2, 2017 / by Mark's Team At Exit Realty Crutcher
Do you ever feel like the housework is just never ending? For working homeowners and even stay at home parents, maintaining an orderly house can just be overwhelming, but today. We are going to discuss five habits you can create to help keep a nice, tidy home in a matter of minutes. Now, these steps are simple and will keep your house looking great throughout the week, but that does not mean to replace your in-depth weekly cleaning of the home with just these five habits.
Habit 1: Make your bed every morning! This is just a simple, yet important task to begin your day. By just making your bed, you are already improving your attitude from the every start of the day. Making your bed makes your room feel neater and more organized. A place that is organized can positively affect your mental state. Habit one seems simple enough! This is a habit that a single person can do or it is a habit that the whole family can join in on creating a positive environment for the entir ...
Friday, January 20, 2017 / by Mark's Team At Exit Realty Crutcher
Are you thinking about selling your home, but you are not for sure where to start? Let us help you! Before listing, get your home ready. Stage it to maximize its living potential. In a survey, properties that are staged sell 50-80% faster than homes that are not. According to the National Association of Realtors, homes that are professional staged spend up to 81% less time on the market. The asking price for homes staged are 7-10% higher than non-staged homes.
Kitchen and baths are critical in the home staging process. Stats show that 41% of buyers are willing to pay more for stainless steel appliances, and up to 48% more for the kitchen to have an island. With home staging, be prepared to spend up to 25% of the home’s value on updating the kitchen, and up to 15% on updating baths. Most buyers want an updated, ready to move into the home. The kitchen and bathroom are the two biggest and sought after renovations desired by buyers.
Making simple repairs like n ...